Hey you guys!! (Did you think of The Goonies when you read that?)
It’s been a while. Currently in my drafts I have.. a half written letter to my sister that I wanted to post on her wedding day but failed to finish, a post on the …erm… joys of being bridesmaid (also unfinished) and a post on the wedding that has a title, some photos and nothing else! Also I’m not sure if you noticed but last night I published a blank post. Haha, what a douche, I opened a new post and fell asleep so it published itself!!!
I’ve neglected you all thanks to a combination of being crazy busy and a lack of motivation. At the weekend, just when I finally had some free time to catch up on my favourite blogs and attempt to write, the sun came out. I’m not sure how well you know Scotland but when the sun comes out we make the most of it, being online is not an option.
I needed a good kick up the butt to post and like she sensed it, my awesome friend Lynsay at LadyLivBlog kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank You Lynsay your bestie intuition is second to none!
I haven’t done anything like this for a while, They are good fun and I love reading other people’s answers, so here goes!!
The rules are –
1. Thank the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
5.Notify the bloggers you have nominated
1. Modern technology, is it beneficial or harmful to our society?
A: Oh the debate! I can see pros and cons if I’m honest! My biggest concern is that we all spend too much time online and too little time communicating face-to-face which in turn can affect relationships and communication skills, on the other hand we all have the option to control/limit the time we spend online so I guess it’s only harmful if we allow it to be!
“Life was simpler when Blackberry and Apple were just fruits”
2. What is your desert island makeup or skincare product?
A: SPF50 …needs no explaining! Enjoy the sun responsibly guys!
3. What is your favourite clothes shop/designer?
A: My go to shops are Zara and Topshop.
4. What is your favourite time of year?
A: Summer! I’m a July baby and happiest with my toes in the sand.
5. Who is your favourite makeup artist?
A: LadyLivBlog obviously
6. Who has influenced and inspired you most in your life?
A: I wouldn’t say there is just one person, obviously my parents hugely but I take a little something from all the people I share my life with.
7. A song that takes you back to your childhood?
A: Queen -Bohemian Rhapsody. Absolute classic, my Dad was a big Queen fan back in the day my sisters and I had many an air guitar performance to this….and occasionally still do!
8. Favourite lipstick?
A: Really, just one?? MAC Rebel
9. How do you stay positive when things get tough?
A: I live by the mantra that gratitude is the key to happiness. So when the going gets tough I tend to focus more on my blessings.
“Count your blessings“
10. The most beautiful place you have ever seen with your own eyes?
A: Wow! Too many the world is so beautiful. I had my breath taken away when I visited the pyramids in Giza and the Grand Canyon. Santorini was picture perfect but I guess there’s really nowhere like home. When it comes to a beautiful view we have it pretty much made. When the sun shines on Scotland it is beautiful. Hills, lochs, castles, beaches and beautiful cities.
A: Mascara, I have a pretty heavy hooded eye which can make me look really tired, even after a litre of coffee. A good few coats of mascara and all is good with the hood! 😂
My questions are…
1. When you lack motivation what gets you going again?
2. What do you love most about yourself? Appearance and personality.
3. How would you describe your style?
4. The most beautiful place you have seen?
5. What makes you feel better working out or vegging out?
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life so far?
7. Do you have any phobias?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. Where do you see yourself in 5years from now?
10. What movie do you know word for word?
11. Beauty treatment, product or procedure must have?
I nominate these lovely ladies 💗
And you if you are reading this I nominate you too, if you do let me know on the comments and I’ll check it out!
Thanks for reading ❤️
Have a great day 😊